At AVOXT, we’re more than just a company—we’re a collective of passionate individuals committed to accelerating the global energy transition. We envision a future where green hydrogen isn’t just an environmentally-friendly alternative, but a more affordable choice compared to fossil fuels. To bring this vision to life, we’re developing cutting-edge, highly efficient technologies for hydrogen production.
Our mission is clear and ambitious: We aim to secure a sustainable and healthy planet not only for ourselves, but for future generations. We’re looking for team members who share our passion, our vision, and our ambition. If you want to contribute to a zero-emission fuel future and have a tangible impact on the course of our planet’s future, your journey could start here at AVOXT.
We are seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer who will play an integral role in the evolution of our next-generation electrolyser. You will be the catalyst, taking the concept and prototype to a production-ready system, facilitating multiple upscaling steps from prototypes to industrial systems, and honing the design for optimized efficiency and producibility.
In this role, you will be given the responsibility to lead, bringing together electrochemical reaction cells and power electronics into a high-performance system. Your journey will involve designing, developing, and testing prototypes, establishing rigorous safety systems, and mapping out a plan that takes us from a prototype to a certified, market-ready product.
As one of the pioneering members of the AVOXT team, you will lay the groundwork for our expansion, building and leading a team to achieve new heights in our industry.
Your Skills and Expertise
- Extensive experience in designing and developing high-explosion-risk systems.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience
- Strong expertise in structural integrity design.
- Proven skills in quality and safety control.
- Practical experience in designing for series manufacturing and assembly.
- A degree (BSc, BEng, MSc, PhEng, or PhD) in mechanical or mechatronics engineering, or a related field.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to manage diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to establish and lead teams.
- Experience working with standards and certifications.
- Proficiency in translating concepts into executable designs.
- Fluency in English.
- Be part of an inclusive and empowering culture built on passion, trust, and authenticity.
- Enjoy a flexible working environment where you can design your own working days.
- Opportunity to grow into a “head of” role in your domain.
- Unlimited scope for personal and professional growth.
- Work from the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, the smartest square km in Europe, home to an inspiring open innovation ecosystem.
- Start date: Immediate
- Employment: Full time (40 hrs/week)
- AVOXT offers a hybrid working model
Ready to make your mark in the green energy revolution? Join AVOXT as we work to transform the future of energy.